Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Work woes

So, I've trying to find a new job for the past year and a half or so and have found absolutely nothing. Well, not nothing, I did apply for a few here and there, but never heard anything back. My fear is that I've been babysitting for so long that no one will want to consider me for a serious job. The jobs I have now are difficult, but there are days (with more and more frequency) that I really feel the need to just get OUT. Especially from my afternoon family, I love the kids (most of the time), but it feels, quite often, that the parents take me for granted, or don't acknowledge the fact that I have a life outside of watching their kids. They are consistently coming home 15-30 minutes late with no warning, and SOMETIMES I get a 'sorry' when they do finally get home...

Anyway, come fall my hours at both jobs are going to be cut a decent amount, it's no ones fault, the kids are just getting older and going to school longer or for the first time. I'm not going to loose either job, which is good, but I really do need to find something else before September.

It wouldn't be super hard to get a retail job or even just to find a new family to sit for, but I don't want that. I'm tired of having a 'flexible' schedule, I don't like coming home at 6 or 7 at night when Ryan gets home around 4 everyday. Ideally I would be able to work for myself, or at least find a job I could do from home. I mean, I've got a butt load of student loans and what not and if/when we have a baby I'll need to still be able to work.

Life is hard, I don't like being a grown up, and I think money is stupid :( But if anyone out there has any job suggestions or ideas, or wants to pay me for something that would be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment